How mosaic art has become the eye-catcher with Beemster cheese
Milovito has provided the Beemster cheese factory in North Holland with original mosaic art. The sales counters of the Factory Store now feature a typical Dutch landscape. The image is made entirely with glass mosaic. This presentation of mosaic tiles fits seamlessly with the look and experience of the Beemster cheese product.
Despite the low height of the sales counters (55cm), Milovito has succeeded in creating a detailed image. The mosaics are completely handmade with 10 mm traditional glass mosaic. This project proves once again that mosaic art can be applied in any room. It is an asset to any interior, large or small!
The management of Beemster Cheese quickly looked satisfied with the fresh and stylish result of the glass mosaic sales counters. That is why Milovito was asked to create a mosaic work of art for the reception hall, for which a mosaic portrait of a modern Dutch cheese girl was chosen. 210,000 glass mosaic tiles were used to realize this artwork measuring 4.5 by 5.5 meters.
Method realization mosaic art
Milovito has worked with great pleasure and energy on the mosaic projects. The mosaic art for the Beemster factory was realized within four weeks.
- The customer sends an image, after which it is assessed by our design team.
- Then an example is made with specialist software. Possible corrections are made in consultation with the customer.
- Then the mosaic tiles are manually inlaid by Milovito’s production team, after which a final check and any corrections are made.
- The mosaic art is then placed on location by our mosaic specialists.
- The glass mosaic is grouted with the appropriate epoxy grout.
- Finally, final cleaning follows within 24 hours, revealing the rich shine of the glass mosaic.
Add mosaic art
To bring out the portrait of the Cheese Girl, two colors of joint have been used. The portrait itself is inserted with a transparent epoxy joint. This joint colors lightly with the glass mosaic, making it very suitable for art applications. It is also maintenance-free. A colored epoxy joint has been used for the background of the mosaic artwork. This resulted in an extra nice end result.
Choosing the right joint for mosaic is crucial for the optimal result. Read more about it here.
Do you also want a mosaic work of art in your home or business? Please contact us or request a completely free quote.